Wednesday 2 February 2011

Birthday party invitation, Red theme.

My little David is about to turn 2 years old and we will celebrate it with a red color party. Guests should come dressed in that tone. I am attaching the invitations that I made. They are door hangers that might be used by guests as they are all hanging around that age. 


On the back, there is a picture of David that can easily be replaced by one of the guest taken in the party.


Materials:
1 White cardboard.
1 Red cardboard. 
1 Eva red rubber sheet.
1 Photo printed with birthday text.
1 Red Balloon.
1 Red tape 1.5x50cm paper.
Tools: scissors, drill sheets, sewing machine (thread) or failing glue.
Process:
- Cut the cardboard to size 10x24cm.
- Make a template of the number "2" on paper of about 9 cm in height. Place the template on the Rubber Eva backside and mark it. Cut number 2 with zigzag scissors.
- Stitch number "2" on white cardboard, 3 cm from the base.
- Collect the cards and sew a zigzag all around with white thread.
- Mark in the top a 5cm diameter circle, 2.5 cm on the sides and back of top. Cut the circle at the same time on both cards. Zigzag sewing circle contour (this is the most difficult of all).
- Make a label with the name of the guest and pierce it with the drill of paper.
- Pass the red ribbon through the hole. Fold the foil and perforate the paper drill. Align the holes in the tape and label. Pass a balloon through the holes.
I hope you like it.
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Maria,
    What a cute party idea! Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I'm happy that you started your own family blog. It's such a nice way to be able to record daily life. I've even started turning my blog into our family album at the end of each year. Life goes by so quickly and it's nice to have it documented!
    Best Wishes,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sandy, I am very happy you visited my blog. I admire your work. I have taken your idea design for David´s t-shirt on his red party. It is a big number 2 filled with the word "David" in red. I will comment my link in your blog when posted. Thank you for your brilliant idea. María.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...