We will share August with an au pair. I was preparing various thematic activities and I was thinking of ideas about colors so I have created this simple game. It's great fun. It develops logical mathematical ability, patience, creativity (to find objects). You learn the relationship between primary and secondary colors, besides white is the sum of all and black is the absence of all.
- 8 A4 cards, one from each of the following colors (blue, yellow, red, green, orange, violet, white and black). Scissors to cut them into 6 equal parts. (An alternative if you have no cards is use stickers or painting.)
- An object of each of the 6 colors (blue, yellow, red, green, orange, purple) per player.
- Make as many prints as players attached sheet. Download here.
1. Print one sheet like this for each player.
2. Seek for one object of each color per player.
3. Cut 8 cardboards (1 red, blue, yellow, orange, green and purple) into 6 pieces.
Objective: Place one object over each rectangle according to the color. First player who achieves it wins.
Pick a card. Change it for an object of its color. If you already have an object of that color, keep the card to make operations with them. If you have a red one and pick a yellow one, you can change them for an orange object because red+yellow=orange. You can also change an orange and a yellow by a red object because orange-yellow=red. If you pick a white one, you can change it by any object. If you pick a black one you have to give back one object you choose.
Then next player picks another card until anyone fills all the rectangles.